The church was built originally in 1884 from iron but was replaced by
the current building in 1902, it lies within the parish of Withyham .
The local vicar reported that the village in the past was full of roughs
At one point in time there were nine prize fighters in the village.
The village has little or no services except for the church, however
the Sussex Oak public house lies on the main A264.
The nearest main services are in Edenbridge about 6 miles to the north.
The views to the North west are quite wide reaching.